The WCNC 2020 General Chair encourages students to apply for the student travel grants. The final grant amount will be based on available funding and the number of applicants; we anticipate that only some of the total travel expense (i.e., transportation, hotel, and conference registration) will be covered by these grants.
Thus, additional funding will be necessary from other sources.
The student travel grants will be used to support a selected group of :
- Student authors of accepted papers at IEEE WCNC 2020
- Students from local universities interested in attending the IEEE WCNC 2020 program
The committee, consisting of the following members, will be deciding on who will be given such travel grants.
- Prof. Lingyang Song, Peking University, China
- Prof. Changhee Joo, Korea University, South Korea
- Prof. Tony Quek, SUTD, Singapore
- Prof. Walid Saad, Virginia Tech, USA
- Prof. Bang Chul Jung, Chungnam National University, South Korea
Student travel grants will provide student attendees with the opportunity to participate at WCNC 2020.
To apply for travel grants, students must submit the following material by 14 Feb. 2020: here (menu “Travel Grants”):
- Student’s CV
- Applicant should confirm that they are a current student member of IEEE Communications Society (not just an IEEE student member) and provide the IEEE membership number
- A letter from the student, including the title of the paper to appear at WCNC. We ask that the letter will briefly summarize the student’s research interests and accomplishments to date, and include a statement about why the conference attendance is important to the student.
- An estimate of the travel costs, including airfare, hotel, and conference registration.
- Supporting letter from the student's advisor. We ask that the advisor confirms that the student has full-time status and is in good academic standing at the given institution. The advisor’s letter also needs to address why the particular student would benefit from attending the conference.
Incomplete applications will not be considered, while complete applications will be evaluated on the strength of the letters and the student's CV. Grant recipients will be reimbursed after the conference after submitting receipts and a brief survey form of their experience at WCNC 2020.