Regular and workshop papers accepted for WCNC 2020 will be presented on 25-28 May along with keynotes, Chair comments/awards, etc. The schedule for tutorials, workshops, and the technical program are all posted online. A separate page (https://ieee-wcnc.net) built with Duetone platform, which is still in progress, will be used to operate our virtual conference. Please find details below for your video submission.
Presentations will be pre-recorded and submitted as video files before 15 May 2020 to be played during the conference and available for on-demand viewing for some period of time post-conference.
Please observe the following guidelines when preparing video files of your talks:
- Duration of video files: Regular papers is 13 minutes and Workshop papers is 12 minutes.
- Q&A sessions: following each presentation, at least one of the authors needs to be online to address Q&A moderated by the Session Chair. Duration for Q&A is 2 – 5 minutes.
- Audio and Video Quality: Please double check your files before submitting to make sure the audio is clear and audible, and the slides in the video are readable!
During the presentations on 25-28 May 2020, it is important that authors be available online to answer Q&A from conference participants moderated by the respective Session Chairs.
Video Recording Tools
There are several video conferencing tools available to easily record a presentation. In this method, you can show your face via webcam (if you’d like) and display your slides as you talk. You can use any meeting software as long as you get a good quality recording and your final file is in the MP4 format. Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting on common platforms:
- WebEx: Video Conferencing - Record a Cisco Webex Meeting
- Skype: Skype for Business: Recording a Meeting | Information Technology Services | Bemidji State University
- Google Meet: Record a video meeting - Meet Help
- Zoom: Local Recording – Zoom Help Center
- Gotomeeting: How to Record a GoToMeeting Session | Techwalla and How to Convert and Open the GoToMeeting Recordings
- Microsoft Teams: Record a meeting in Teams - Office Support
You can also use the two step method covered below:
Create Voice Over Power point
- All files must be in MP4 Format (normal H.264 video codec is recommended)
- The maximum video size that the hosting platform can accept is 100MB. Please compress if needed.
- Resolution = maximum 720p HD (1280 x 720 or other "720p" setting)
- Please use the following naming convention: SID.mp4, where SID is your session ID, the code that was entered in front of your paper/poster title in the program.
- Video file size limit is 500MB
- If you need video formation conversion or compression, you can use the following free software:
VLC Guide for Video Compression
Tips for Recording:
- Use as quiet an area as possible
- Avoid areas (e.g., large rooms) that have echo
- Good microphone (or headset with microphone) close to mouth BUT away from direct line of mouth to reduce “pops”. Avoid using default built-in microphone on computer.
- Do a test recording of a couple of minutes and review the sound and picture quality in MP4 format, and the file size before recording the entire presentation. Make adjustments if needed.
We will use Zoom Webinar connected to our virtual conference page to play pre-recorded videos in sessions.
For more information, please visit the IEEE ComSoc Zoom Virtual Conference Guidelines page.
(Note that these are general guidelines. Please prioritize our own guideline if there are conflicts.)
Video Upload for WCNC 2020 Presenters/Authors
ComSoc is using the Duetone platform for storing all recorded presentations. Please follow the following steps to upload your talk video:
- Visit https://ieee-wcnc.net, click “Sign In”, and then click “Sign Up”.
- Sign up with your name, affiliation, email address, and the registration ID (also called “confirmation number”) that you were provided when you registered.
- In the activation email you receive, click the link to activate the account.
- Sign in to your account.
- Click your avatar on the top right corner, then select “Papers”. You will then see a list of papers you have authored. If you do not see your papers, please add them using your paper number. If you see papers that are not co-authored by you, click “Remove”.
- Click the 'Upload Video’ button (see an example of the UI below).
- Click “Select your video as an MP4 file”, select your video file, and then click “Upload”. After the upload is completed successfully, you will receive a confirmation notice.
- (Optional) You should now be able to download your video by clicking the “Video” Button and verify that the upload is indeed successful.